View Single Post
Old December 20, 2010, 10:41 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaqf1 View Post
Hi there,

First of all I want a sound card for gaming, music AND movies and I have a Sennheiser HD555 and Z-5500s.

I was looking at the Asus Xonar ST but I was told it's really just a stereo card but I want a card that's good for everything. is that true ? What if I buy the breakout card ?

Otherwise, would my only option be the Xonar D2X ? or if this is mostly overkill like I was told, should I just go with the Fatal1ty Titanium pro for 120$ ?

thanks
Check out the new Auzen X-Meridian 7.1 2G. I have it and it is perfect for all audio including gaming. The card is PCI. I also have the new Xonar Xense and I would suggest it also but I don't think you can find one without the headphones. You can't go wrong with Auzentech. The Auzentech X-FI Forte is another very good card and I believe they are available again. That one is PCI E.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5