View Single Post
Old March 16, 2008, 11:18 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Well I don't really want to pin down a price limit yet since I'm not in any hurry, but I'm not dropping a QX9650 in it either just for the sake of spending more $$$. I have a e6550 that will probably go to the HTPC when the new quads are out. I imagine the two biggest dollar value parts would be the audio card and TV tuner card but I don't know. There appears to be no shortage of vid card that can do HDMI.

I had a look at the specs of the Audigy 2 ZS Pro Platinum and it says it supports 7.1 analog out but I can't see where the connectors are on it, nor any specs like voltage levels, impedance, balanced or unbalanced, etc. (I'll need to know these specs at some point to build my amps)

I'll probably only end up using 5.1 as there isn't any real convenient spot to put side channels where I'm setting it up. Also I'm not sure if this is a big deal or no big issue but I also want this for music as well which would mean an easy way to shut down all satellite speakers and only use to two main L+R speakers.

Thanks for the help.
EVGA GTX 280 (SC?)
OCZ Gamer Xtreme 600W PSU
Cooler Master Cosmos on water