First Build: $6,000 Budget
View Single Post
December 8, 2010, 04:34 PM
Join Date: Dec 2010
First Build: $6,000 Budget
1. What YOUR PC will be used for. That means what types of tasks you'll be performing.
- Gaming, internet, and CS5
2. What YOUR budget is. A price range is acceptable as long as it's not more than a 20% spread
3. What country YOU will be buying YOUR parts from.
- Canada (NCIX)
4. IF YOU have a brand preference. That means, are you an Intel-Fanboy, AMD-Fanboy, ATI-Fanboy, nVidia-Fanboy, Seagate-Fanboy, WD-Fanboy, etc, etc, etc, you get the picture.
- Corsair, Western Digital, Intel, nVidia
5. If YOU intend on using any of YOUR current parts, and if so, what those parts are.
6. IF YOU have searched and/or read similar threads.
7. IF YOU plan on overclocking or run the system at default speeds.
8. WHEN do you plan to build it?
- Q1 2011
9. What resolution do you use?
What I have planned:
Monitor: ($633.14) Dell Ultrasharp 24in
NCIX.com - Buy Dell Ultrasharp U2410 24IN Widescreen LCD Monitor IPs 1920X1200 6MS 80000:1 DVI-D HDMI DisplayPort - U2410 In Canada.
Case: ($309.99) Corsair 800d
NCIX.com - Buy Corsair Obsidian Series 800D Full Tower Case EATX 5X5.25 4X3.5 Hotswappable 2X3.5INT No PS USB 1394 - CC800DW In Canada.
Keyboard: (Roughly $175) Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless
elitekeyboards.com - Products
Mouse: ($119.99) Logitech G9X
NCIX.com - Buy Logitech G9X Laser Mouse 5700DPI USB with Adjustable Weights Grip and LED Color - 910-001156 In Canada.
PSU: ($309.99) Corsair Professional Series Gold AX1200
NCIX.com - Buy Corsair Professional Series Gold CMPSU-1200AX 1200W ATX Fully Modular 80PLUS Gold Power Supply - CMPSU-1200AX A In Canada.
CPU: ($990.11) Intel i7 970 6 Core or Sandy Bridge
NCIX.com - Buy Intel Core i7 970 6 Core Processor LGA1366 3.2GHZ 12MB Cache 4.8GT/S Retail Box - BX80613I7970 In Canada.
GPU: ($1223.48) EVGA GTX580 Superclocked Fermi x 2
NCIX.com - Buy EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Superclocked Fermi 797MHZ 1536MB GDDR5 2XDVI Mini-HDMI PCI-E Video Card - 015-P3-1582-AR In Canada.
RAM: ($385.95) Corsair Dominator GT 12GB w/ fan
NCIX.com - Buy Corsair Dominator GT 12GB 3X4GB DDR3-2000 CL9-10-9-27 Intel XMP Triple Channel Memory Kit W/ Fan - CMT12GX3M3A2000C9 In Canada.
Motherboard: ($569.99) EVGA X58 Classified XL-ATX
NCIX.com - Buy EVGA X58 Classified XL-ATX LGA1366 4-WAY SLI DDR3 7PCIE-16 SATA2 Dual GBLAN 1394 Motherboard - 170-BL-E762-A1 In Canada.
SSD (Main drive): ($663.90) OCZ RevoDrive X2 240GB
NCIX.com - Buy OCZ RevoDrive X2 240GB PCIe X4 Sandforce SF-1222 Bootable SSD Solid State Disk Flash Drive - OCZSSDPX-1RVDX0240 In Canada.
HDD (Storage): ($329.99) WD Velociraptor 600GB
NCIX.com - Buy Western Digital Velociraptor WD6000HLHX 600GB SATA3 10000RPM 32MB 3.5IN Hard Drive OEM - WD6000HLHX In Canada.
Optical Drive: ($174.99 + $27.99) Pioneer Blu Ray + LG DVD
NCIX.com - Buy Pioneer BDR-205BK BLU-RAY DVDRW 12X SATA W/ Software - BDR-205BK In Canada.
NCIX.com - Buy LG GH22LS50 22X/22X DVD+-RW SATA DVD Writer Lightscribe Black OEM - GH22LS50 In Canada.
Watercooling (Only CPU):
- CPU Block: ($74.99) EJ Water Block EK Supreme
NCIX.com - Buy Ek Water Block EK-SUPREME Hf Acetal LGA1366/LGA1156/AM3 CPU Water Block G1/4 - 3830046990198 In Canada.
- Tubing: ($18.99) Primochill Primoflex 10ft
NCIX.com - Buy Primochill Primoflex Pro LRT UV Blue 1/2IN ID 3/4IN OD Tubing (10 Feet) - PFLEXP10-34-B In Canada.
- Radiator: ($142.99) Thermochill Triple 120mm
NCIX.com - Buy Thermochill TA120.3 Triple 120MM Fan High Performance Water Cooling RADIATOR-15MM Spacing *No Barbs* - TA120.3 In Canada.
- Reservoir: ($69.99) EK Waterblock EK MultiOption Res
NCIX.com - Buy Ek Water Blocks Ek Multioption Res X2 400 Advanced Water Cooling Tube Reservoir G1/4 Acetal Glass - 3831109840092 In Canada.
- Pump: ($42.99) Ek Waterblock Ek-D5 X Pump
NCIX.com - Buy Ek Water Blocks EK-D5 X-TOP Version 2 Custom Pump TOP for D5 & MCP655 Pumps G1/4 - 3830046995070 In Canada.
- Coolant: ($14.99) Primochill PC Pure Extreme Clear 32oz
NCIX.com - Buy Primochill PC Pure Extreme Water Replacement Coolant 32OZ - Clear - 897337001080 In Canada.
- Fittings: (?)
- Fans: (?)
$6,249.99 (not including fittings and fans)
As you can see, I’m over budget by roughly $400 if you include the fans and fittings. Do you guys see any components that I can replace to cut down on costs? My budget is quite high, but it doesn’t mean I want to waste money on components that I don’t really need. I’m aiming closer to the lower end of my budget… Anyway, what about any compatibility issues? Other recommendations? Oh and FYI I will only be overclocking and watercooling my CPU, at least for now…
PS: I think I will wait for Sandy Bridge. So, my CPU and mobo will likely change by Q1 2011. Prices are also likely to go down for other components by then so my total will also likely decline.
Last edited by WillieMammoth; December 8, 2010 at
My System Specs
View Public Profile
Send a private message to WillieMammoth
Find all posts by WillieMammoth