View Single Post
Old March 12, 2008, 09:05 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
What about battery life? With these new processors and chipsets from AMD total system power can be lower than 50w or so. That could translate into very long battery life on those laptops. Note: with the new 780G chipset, even if a laptop has an add-in video card, that video card can be turned off and the system can return to the 780G when the sytem is at idle and/or in power saving mode. (Another example is add-in video card enabled when the laptop is plugged into the wall, and disabled (only 780G on) when on battery power.)
The 780G is more the story here you are right. That is a big deal and something I kind of overlooked. Will it be enough to sway the masses though? Battery life is important to some but most people who are buying a high-performance notebook are less concerned with it I would think. But who knows... maybe that's just me? It will be interesting to see this unfold nonetheless.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE