View Single Post
Old November 23, 2010, 12:42 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DokkRokken View Post
I'd recommend a XFX 6870 for their great warranty alone. It is a couple more bucks than the Asus but then you're covered for the life of the card, and so is the person who buys the card off of you in the future, which means you can get a few extra coins in when you resell.

You can Pricematch this XFX 6870 with the one at NCIX to save you some money too!

XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E w/ Dual DVI, HDMI, Dual DisplayPort at Memory Express Computers
Yeah the warranty issues makes a lot of sense. And actually I generally play my systems into the ground. My current setup has been with me for 5 or 6 years now. So considering I'll be using the same card for such a long time... a lifetime warranty doesn't sound too bad.

I'm mostly just wondering if maybe the ASUS would be better due to its aluminum cover. It claims to be cooler than the other reference cards and that means less noise and heat in my system. If I do go forward with OCing my CPU in the future I'd like the inside to be as cool as possible.