View Single Post
Old November 23, 2010, 12:21 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I would if I was you as long as A) you can afford it B) are running in AHCI mode. If either of those are not correct then let me know and I can give you some cheaper alterntaives and / or better ones for your setup.

Going from a WD Green to a high end SandForce drive should be a VERY noticeable difference. As in "I need a cup of a coffee and a slice of pizza...by the time I get back the program will be open...hopefully" to "OMFG my mouse button has barely finished clicking the damn icon and the program is up and running!".

Even if you decide against a SSD....get a fast hdd before you kill that green. They are meant for STORAGE only and their default 8 second headparking coupled with an OS means it will die an early death.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr