View Single Post
Old November 22, 2010, 10:18 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Here is some quick thinking :

you dont have much choice when it come to CPU waterblock and AMD.

My favorite block, because of the easy monting mechanism (mind you, I never used the amd mechanism...) and the pricing :
Swiftech APOGEE XT LGA1366 CPU Water Block G1/4 Chrome HI-FLOW 1/2IN Eurostyle Barb Fittings - DirectCanada XT&manufacture=SWIFTECH come with 1366 mounting.

you will need to buy this :

Swiftech APOGEE XT Hold Down Adapter Plate for Mounting On LGA771/AM2/AM3 - DirectCanada

Other cpu blocks, more expensive, and might have a better performance by a couple of degrees :

AMD : DazMode, Canadian PC Water Cooling and Modding Store

I dont think a 5770 is very hot, so I would not watercool it,

You will need a radiator, and in canada stock are limited right now. If you want to go budget the primary choice is the swiftech series that comes in lots of different size, MCR120-240-320-420. starting from the 320 it wont fit an antec 300 internally. Even 240 would be pushing it. You could mount it externally, with a swiftech radbox or the equivalent made by Koolance.
320 :
Swiftech MCR320 Quiet Power Triple 120MM Water Cooling Radiator Black G1/4 Threaded - DirectCanada or go to DAZ for some XSPC (I never tried that particular brand)
220 :
Swiftech MCR220 Quiet Power Dual 120MM Water Cooling Radiator Black G1/4 Threaded - DirectCanada

the other choice, more expensive, thicker and better performing by a margin. Altough if you only cool the CPU, the MCR220 or mcr320 is more than enough (I cant find the 220 in stock in Canada) :

Buy The Best High Performance Water Cooling Radiators in Canada - scoll down for the TFC rads.

Pump wise, the favorite are the MCP655 and mcp350-355. The 355/350 has a smaller footprint, but will require that you buy a custom top if you want to use tubing of 1/2 and 3/8.

there is some available on the HWC for sale :

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/buy-sell-trade/34974-pa120-3-mcp355s-hdd-encl.html

he is also selling some thermochill rad, wich is good quality rad. Altough, they have the 25 mm spacing, it is irrevelent if you mouint it out of the case, but If you want internal, this might become a problem.

Tubing wise : Buy 1/2 ID liquid cooling tubing in Canada 1/2 inch

Buy 3/8 ID liquid cooling tubing in Canada 3/8 inch

I have built with both and personnaly I find the 3/8 easier to manipulate in tight corner. But seeing the rigs aroung here, it looks like 1/2 inch is more popular.

Depending on the tubing you will need regular barbs and/or compression fittings or 3/8 or 1/2. Compression fittings are prettier and I find them easier to use, but are really more expensive.

Finally, the end of the quick tou,r the decison of using a reservoir or a t-Line for filling/draining the loop. I started using T line at the beginning, but swiftly switched to Reservoir since bleeding becomes almost painless.

cheapest multipurpose reservoir :

Swiftech MCRES-MICRO REV2 Clear HI-FLOW Water Cooling Reservoir 3/8IN & 1/2IN Barb Fittings - DirectCanada Rev2&manufacture=SWIFTECH

for a bit more money tyou can also find resevoir and pump top combo, like this one :

EK-DDC X-RES 140 - Acetal DDC Top-Reservoir Combo EK-DDC X-RES 140 - Acetal DDC Top-Reservoir Combo [EK-DDC X-RES 140] - $59.99 : DazMode, Canadian PC Water Cooling and Modding Store

It comes iin many flavour, just have a look at dazmode selection and/or Ncix. If you do buy at ncix, never forget to price match,. Ncix sister comapany are really cheaper on watercooling material.

Good luck !

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....