View Single Post
Old November 22, 2010, 09:08 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
Hey everyone! I'm looking to try out some water cooling as the next step however I don't really know what is good and what isn't! Any help is greatly appreciated. I apologize if these threads come up all too often.

Gigabyte MA785G-UD3H
AMD Phenom II X4 965 (Currently using an Ultra ChillTEC Thermo Electric Cooler)
2x2048 OCZ Reaper HPC PC2-8500
XFX HD5770 1GB
Antec 300 (Willing to switch to a larger case if needed to fit the components)
Corsair TX650w PSU

If you need anymore information, please let me know!

Thank you!

-Slaughter

Welcome the forums, and no need to appoligize for bringing this topic up again. Everyone who is new to it or has questions are more than welcome to post them. That is what we are here for.

Now I have 1 Question and 1 Suggestion for you.

Are you going to be overclocking your CPU and is that why you want to go WC'ing? Or are you just looking for something that is quieter (because some sealed systems like the H50 and Coolit Eco might be best, I use both)

As for my suggest I would invest in some ENZOTECH MOFSET coolers regardless of which way you end up going to help keep the Power Delivery cool on that board NCIX.com - Buy Enzotech MOS-C1 Exceptional Heat Dissipation for Integrated Mosfet Motherboards & Video Cards - MOS-C1 In Canada.

And even perhaps add a Antec Spot Cool to help keep airflow over that area.

My thoughts at least, I'll let the WC'ing Guru's chime in on the actual Water Cooling side.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com