View Single Post
Old November 20, 2010, 01:55 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
Adding a new post with the continuing trials and tribulations of this stupid computer.

It's shorting in the case somehow. Took everything out and was able to get into post and everything. Carefully put everything back in viola! Complete system hang! The Elite 370 comes with these two strange standoffs that are ever so slightly longer than a normal one and because there is no indication where these longer ones are supposed to go I just used two standoffs from the previous case. Does anyone know what these slightly longer standoffs would be for?

I have always used those little cloth washers on the motherboard. Could those be causing a problem?

SO FRUSTRATING....
I haven't done a build with that case so I'm only going on general knowledge (hopefully somebody who's used the case will pipe in). Are there any recessed mounting screwpoints on the motherboard case (punched down)? That would be the only type of config that would automatically suggest a slightly longer screw.

As far as the insulators go... I haven't used one of those in years, and consider it to be a case ground point at this stage.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP