View Single Post
Old November 18, 2010, 02:33 PM
Allstar
F@H

Default red/green vertical lines on monitor

So i just purchased a new monitor to replace my 20" acer, its a benq E2420HD. Ive also got another 22" acer which is now the secondary monitor. Had no issues hooking it up or watching video etc on it. Then as soon as i launch call of duty black ops i get a bunch of green checkerboards on both monitors and the pc locks up.
When i restart even on the bios splash i have red lines going up and down both monitors only in one section, and then windows gets to the loading screen and wont load up.
If i let it sit for a bit i can load up windows, and i was actually just in fallout 3 for about 3 minutes then i got the checkerboard issue and the lines when i restart. Im assuming this is an overheating issue with the video card since it does work fine if its left for a bit, but not for gaming.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Specs in my sig are out dated, ive got a phenom 2 940, m3a79t deluxe board, 4870x2 video card. Its all in a haf 932 case so cooling shouldnt be an issue, at least it hasnt been up until the first time i tried to play a game with this new monitor.
Mobo: ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe
Memory: 4gb OCZ Platinum 1000mhz ddr2
Graphics: 2x Sapphire 4830s in Crossfire
Keyboard: Logitech G11
Mouse: Logitech G9
HD:WD 640gb Caviar Black + 750gb Seagate
#hardwarecanucks on irc.enterthegame.com