View Single Post
Old November 13, 2010, 07:21 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCCV44.2223 View Post
After 802.11n was rectified last year the WiFi Alliance added 4 *optional* components for certification of the full 802.11n standard -- triple streams, aggregation, 40MHz coexistence and space-time block coding. Any equipment that was certified under draft 2.0 of 802.11n do not need to be re-certified and can remove "draft" from their certification logo.

WiFi Alliance certification is pretty basic requirement -- for me anyways -- if something is marketed as "Wireless-N" and WiFi certification is not listed on their spec sheet then I'm going to pass.

Once you've narrowed down the options you can then pull the products' WiFi certificates and check if they include features that are important to you, for example, the up coming Linksys/Cisco E4200 has most of the added optional capabilities. But of course having the specs on paper is no guarantee of performance.
Ok... so what's your point? You've just explained a standard... you could have talked about spatial multiplexing, OFDM, etc and it wouldn't have changed anything.

The router he was referring too seemed like a small dual-band draft n router with 'basic n' capability and that's about it. I don't see the point in starting to explain all of this especially when the question was about if the router was worth buying