View Single Post
Old November 5, 2010, 08:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
By all means, show to me where XFX has produced ANY card that has changes implemented that would reduce its life expectancy versus the rederence design.

I have never seen an XFX card without at least a 6-layer PCB and the necessary power distribution to run the GPU.
They always have the reference version and 2 or 3 month after they get out a new card with a smaller PCB or less capacitor and thing like that. Look at the 6850, it was already shorter at lunch so they have cut somewhere. And years of selling electronic showed me that if a brand cut somewhere, there is always an egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianHanna View Post
crappy fan and cooler design? what?

it's great, i have 2 in my case, and it's super silent imo (have a haf 932 case, so if it was loud, i'd hear it).

and it's very cool.
Look at the 6850, every one use a good cooler design that cover the full card and most still use the reference turbine design, but XFX use a cooler that only cover the GPU ( under the plastic shelf ) that look like a kind of zalman.

Same with their 4870/ 4890/5770 egg shaped cooler also on the 5850.

Overall, I don't say that XFX is crap, but they cut on the thing compare to someother and I am not surprised to learn that this issue come from XFX.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||