Old March 7, 2008, 06:00 AM
Top Prospect

Recent iTrader Ratings
Period: 1 Month 6 Months 12 Months
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

Cptn Vortex I've been following WC stuff for a bit, saihossoku may not realize it but you've put it in a damn concise and no nonsense how-to IMHO. Great stuff! I would chop off your bit and make this a sticky in the Watercooling section if I were an admin here.

Saihossoku From what I've been following over the past month or so Vortex's suggestion is nearly foolproof. Wait a few weeks and save up the extra $40-60. There's nothing worse than spending $180 to get a failed solution, then losing money on the resale of the parts to eventually spend the $240 on a good solution. Trust me, my own frugalness and impatience have cost me more money than I've saved. A half decent WC solution appears to be in the $200 range no matter what you choose. You could always try one of the all in one CPU cooling solutions again but you may get the same results. Your System specs don't read like a person who's hesitant to spend...

If you want to see how it's all done then you could get a youtube video or use the NCIX basics kit videos as a starting point. Btw, the basics kit is in your price range but I couldn't vouch for the single radiator and I've heard the pump is noisy contrary to the description.

NCIX WATERCOOLING KIT

Last edited by low351; March 7, 2008 at 06:10 AM.