View Single Post
Old November 4, 2010, 12:38 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by browner87 View Post
It's good to hear input all around. _dangtx_ mentioned one of my concerns - it's usually a while after a product is even released that it's ripe for buying. And for those trashing my present system, the specs listed are old. I've upgraded a lot of it and the rest is becoming a little web/file server when I get this new computer. The only things moving from the old to the new are the 4.5TB of hard drive space, the DVD drive, and the heatsink for my CPU. And the case :). I am building this to copletely replace my old computer.

What I'm thinking right now is that I wasn't intending to build this until just after Christmas anyways, so if I've heard some very promising things before then, I might hold of a few more months. If nothing particularly jaw dropping about these new CPUs turns up, I might just continue with the 1366 build. I'm still interested in anyone else's thoughts.

First I would like to appoligize for the rude way in which Larkstar defined some of your components. That is not Typical of HWC. In a roundabout way he was saying that Apevia Power supplies are not well suited to modern computer systems, and lucky for you you haven't lost your rig yet because of it.

In all honesty I would take the plunge and go i7. At the end of the day when new Tech is released pricing is always an issue, as is availability. I cannot forsee you bottlenecking a system with a good i7 build. It should give you at least 2 years of enjoyability. mind you looking at your equipment it would be best if doing a system to do everything at once, new PSU, GPU etc etc and give yourself a solid platform.

My thoughts,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com