BFBC2 R9 Patch
View Single Post
October 31, 2010, 02:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
My System Specs
BFBC2 R9 Patch
DICE just released the R9 patch a couple of days ago.
Originally Posted by
How to get the game client updated
* If you are using Steam: the Steam client will automatically begin updating your game client once Oct 29th, 6:00 AM (GMT) has passed by.
* If you are not using Steam: then the game’s online updater will find the version online at the same hour and ask you to patch.
* If you are not using Steam: You can get a manual patch from several places...
- The main EA CDN:
- Here's a mirror in Australia:
AusGamers Files - Battlefield Bad Company 2 Patch R9
- And here's a mirror in Croatia:
Diabolic-Servers.com : Game servers, Voice servers and Dedicated Solutions
(requires you to create an account first)
- And a mirror via Fileplay.net:
Battlefield Bad Company 2 - PC Client R9 Patch download on Fileplay (BFBC2_PC_Client_R9_589035_Patch.exe)
Here is the complete fix-list for the patch
- All Weapons Bronze Insignia requiring an unobtainable bronze star for the tracer dart – requirement removed.
- Improved Hit registration made through several fixes and some of the hitboxes themselves have been changed. This will increase the accuracy of guns.
- Blue box chat window removed
- The 2 second immunity when spawning/being revived will now be immediately removed either by firing, zooming, or any movement (move, crouch, jump). A Spawning Player can still orient passively in the Game World..
- 3D vision fixed.
- Fixed slug shotgun zoom crosshair on PC so they better represent the long range accuracy. Crosshairs now close more on PC, similar to consoles.
- Reduced slug shotgun hip accuracy to require zooming for consistent long range accuracy. Hip accuracy is now on par with the semi automatic weapons.
- Fixed a bug on PC where the G3 would do less damage than intended.
- Fixed VADS turning sensitivity on PC so it performs like the ZU23.
- Reduced VADS push back and damage to balance it with the ZU23.
- Fixed a bug where vehicle countermeasures would fail to remove tracer darts at high speed.
- Reduced the reload time for vehicle countermeasures.
- Slightly increased the AT4's damage vs armor to emphasize its anti vehicle role while keeping it balanced vs armor.
- Increased the AT4’s top speed and acceleration so users spend less time exposed when firing.
- Increased the AT4's splash damage so it competes with other AT weapons vs infantry. The AT4 still has the least splash damage of all AT weapons.
- Reduced the splash damage of the Carl Gustav to bring it in line with other explosive weapons. The Carl Gustav still has the most splash damage of all AT weapons.
- Increased the 1 shot kill range of the M95 body shot to counter its lower rate of fire.
- Fixed a bug with the SVU that gave it better close range damage than other semi auto weapons.
- Reduced all weapon damage to the MCOM by 50%.
- Fixed an C4 vs MCOM exploit on Atacama Desert.
- Fixed a bug with FOV when aiming the M1911.
- Lowered the close range damage of the AN94 to highlight its long range role.
- Increased the accuracy of the F2000 on the move to highlight its role as a mobile AR.
- Increased the close range damage of the shotguns to give them a greater advantage vs slugs.
- Slightly lowered the damage of the M60 to balance its accuracy advantage vs other LMG's.
- Slightly lowered the damage of the MG3 at close range to balance it with other high rate of fire weapons.
- Slightly increased the damage of the UH60.
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.”
My System Specs
Gigabyte 785GT-UD3H / Gigabyte 770T-UD3P
Phenom II 720BE / Phenom II 945 OC'd
4GB Corsair DDR3 RAM
Powercolor PCS++ 5870 / MSI GTX 460 768MB Cyclone
Seagate 7200.12 500GB / Western Digital 320GB
XFX PRO 750W / Seasonic S12 650W
Azza Helios 910 / Antec 300
N/A / Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro
Philips 17' / LG W2252TG 22'
Win. 7 Ultimate
View Public Profile
Send a private message to jcmaz
Find all posts by jcmaz