View Single Post
Old October 26, 2010, 09:26 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
If it can run rock stable at those settings it can handle anything you throw at it and below.

not necessarily

i've runned 20pass of linx back in the days i was still believing and crashed while playing cod4, that's when i lost faith

[quote]I am sure many can get away with running games on an unstable system as most gaming does not stress the computer heavily [/quote]

you'd be surprise, of course i'm talking the games i'm playing cod4-5/bfbc2/dirt2/f2010
they don't load your cpu @ 100% load but they requires stability, and that is cpu/ram/gpu at the same time(because yes i run with all 3 OCed). I never been able to play one of those games more than an hour or 2 when not stable.

encoding a bluray in h264 for 10-20hours ~100% load demands stabilty, cpu AND ram.(this is usually my final test)

Quote:
I agree that stressing is not fun as gaming or video encoding but you can always run the test overnight.
yes using linx/p95 does work but i think it's faster with my tools than letting my comp running overnight only to wake up on a BSOD. (when did it happen? what was the cause?...who knows i was sleeping) How many trial and errors can you make that way...1 by day? jeez talk about inefficiency

temperature concern is a thing i'm not used too anymore because i use watercooling only, my days of air overclocking are well behind me. With a good watercooling system you will hit a virtual wall before being limited by temperature.

another good way to test stability without "wasting" cycles is to fold , try it on an unstable system you'll see bsod and errors showing up soon enough, no need to wait overnight.