View Single Post
Old October 10, 2010, 05:48 PM
Rookie

Exclamation Problems with Telus' D-Link D-link DVA G3810BN - extra router?

The problem is... it simply sucks!
Before I had only my internet with telus and had Siemens SE567, it was pretty good, range was ok, I had to restart it once in a while, but it wasn't much of a problem.

Well, now I have TV+Internet from Telus and they gave me D-link DVA G3810BN router, and it's just terrible. There are 3 frequencies availble + Automatic, I have 1 tower on wire, and 2 laptops and 1 tower on wireless, connected to this crap, it keeps disconnecting computers on random basis. Sometimes it's ok for a longer time, and one day it's disconnecting again, and I have to play around with these frequencies, as they sometimes work for all computers, and sometime none of them wants to work properly. Telus technician gave me a range booster (huge antenna), didn't help a lot. Range is still really bad, most of the time, it is usually 2 bars on my Windows 7 tower pc, but sometimes it jumps up, and now it is 3-4 bars.

So my question is, is there a way to connect another router and use it for wireless internet only, and use the D-Link for TV and the Ethernet connected tower?