View Single Post
Old October 8, 2010, 04:19 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix View Post
I wish running a cable was an option, normally I swear by hardwiring. However, the Xbox is literally on the other side of the house. 3 Floors down, and in the opposite corner from the router. It's nigh on impossible to run a cable through he areas it would need to traverse.

How is latency on powerline? I've heard it's quite high, but that might've been an older unit.
how old is the home, are you renting ? can use phone lines if home is wired

D-link DHN 1000 (DHN-1000) Bridge

The DHN-1000 is a 10Mb HomePNA 2.0 to 10/100 Ethernet Bridge. It provides a single RJ-11 to be connected via normal home phone line wiring.
The DHN-1000 is a 10Mb HomePNA 2.0 to 10/100 Ethernet Bridge. It provides a single RJ-11 to be connected via normal home phone line wiring to an existing HomePNA 1.0, 2.0 network or network interface card and a single RJ-45 NWAY auto sensing 10/100 Ethernet port. It bridges traffic between an Ethernet capable device and HomePNA 1.0 or 2.0 device network. The DHN-1000 is targeted at Broadband Service Providers, Broadband consumers, and IS Managers for Residential, Business, and Multi-Tenant Unit network installations where in wall wiring can be more effectively used to pass data to and from Cable/DSL modems and routers, workstations, and/or servers.??The DHN-1000 utilizes an 80 Mhz processor to provide line speed conversion of Ethernet and HomePNA packets. The HomePNA interface is rate adaptive, ensuring the highest speed data transfers for both HomePNA 1.0 and HomePNA 2.0 traffic. As a layer 2 device, the DHN-1000 is both protocol and application independent, utilizing the hardware.