View Single Post
Old October 7, 2010, 04:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Honestly, performance wise - if you're not going to get a WD Black - the next best performing drive are Samsung F3, specifically the 64mb versions. In a some cases they are out performing them.

I am not a fan of Seagate, but a lot of people around here (and all over the world) swear buy them - if cheapest is what you're looking for, well go ahead and get whatever is least expensive - but if you're trying to save a buck and weigh it versus performance check out a Samsung F3

Review - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Review | bit-tech.net

Here's a 1TB F3 for 80.00 bucks. Pretty great deal if you ask me - it's in the middle of the WD Black and .12 for price and in most comparable tests it either out performs or equally performs.

Newegg.ca - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

**Keep in mind that is a 32MB drive, not 64. The review I showed you is on a 32 as well, so it gives you a good idea.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.