Thread: Guild wars?...
View Single Post
Old March 2, 2008, 05:38 PM
Top Prospect

I have all 4 titles - the three campaigns and the expansion pack. The PVP is amazing and until WAR/AoC are released you will not find another game with better PVP. Well... you might, but WoW definitely doesn't cut it.

The storyline however, is awfully short but there are lots of quests. It's not a PVE game really and so there isn't much in that area. There are a few items, but not many. It doesn't have the item database like WoW. But no game compares to WoW in the item department, but other than that... WoW doesn't have much either.

But I find it to be overall, a pretty good game. It's very solid, very little to no lag. There isn't a whole lot too do other than PVP. You really need a group of friends to play with though. The best PVP is GvG and you're going to want a good guild or a group of friends. But theres lots of other PVP thats really fun.

The main thing I like about the game, is how it can be picked up and dropped at any time. You can log in and find a pvp game in under a 1minute, complete and then log off. So amongst playing LoTR, beta for WAR and AoC... SWG/COH and 360 games along with COD4 for PC. I can still manage to put a bit of time into GW every now and then.

It's definitely not a game that you can play for 10hours a day for 5months. If you like spending that much time in one game, than WoW is for you.

I really do enjoy it and think it's a solid game overall. The graphics are awesome and it currently has one of the best PVP systems. I don't play it very often though, and Eye of the North I thought was a disappointment. It's the least played addition to the series that I've been through. I've put lots of hours into the original and two additional campaigns but never liked Eye of the North.

Definitely suggest that you give the game a try, especially if you haven't played this style of MMO before. Also, for being a beginner you will find lots to do for about a month or so and then it will just be PVP. It's also free to play and you should be able to find all four games for under $100. Which makes it a good game to play in your spare time when you're bored of your other games like WoW and source.

Last edited by Flintblade; March 2, 2008 at 05:44 PM.