View Single Post
Old October 4, 2010, 10:19 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Actually, for a short time in 2000 and again in 2002, Alienware released peripherals. Back at my parent's house, I still have an old Alienware mouse stored in a box somewhere. They will also be releasing new products in this line VERY....VERY soon.
I'm aware that Alienware had branded peripherals in the past, but as far as the TactX line is concerned, those are the only three products that have been released as of yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I try not to discuss things that may very well be determined by aspects outside of my control.

Cramping: This is highly dependent on how th mouse is held and someone's preference towards a peripheral's ergonomics. I am a palmer but if I try to grip a mouse in a more claw-like fashion, I tend to cramp up. Some people may experience the opposite.

Sensor Tracking: Granted, more could have been discussed about this. My mistake. However, this also has a lot to do with the type of pad used I find. For the record (since I don't want to add anything to an already-published review), this mouse tracked well across both sides of a Func Industries 1030.

I am glad for the feedback since I will be the first to admit that this was more of a "trial" review for this format. This is why I decided to use an item I bought.
Naturally it isn't possible to cover all the possibilities with a peripheral review due to different peoples' physical characteristics and their personal preferences, but it's better to give your own opinion and experiences about these aspects rather than to say nothing about them at all.

When I'm trying to pick a mouse, the most important things to me are how comfortable the shape is and what it's like to actually use the mouse. Case in point: I bought a Coolermaster Storm Sentinel Advance based on AkG's review. However, the two issues I had with the mouse that were severe enough for me to stop using it were things that he didn't mention at all in his review. If you do a little research, you can quickly find many examples of people having issues with the particular sensor used in that mouse. How many reviews did I read that discussed the sensor issues? None. These are the kinds of things that are very important to people who are actually using their mice, but most reviews either don't touch on them at all or only look at them briefly. These are the kinds of things that I would like to see in future reviews here.