View Single Post
Old September 30, 2010, 10:29 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
The TX750 is made by CWT, not Seasonic. Completely different design from the (far superior) XFX PSU.

Regarding your suggestions, the PCP&C Silencer lines (including the MKII models which are actually worse than the originals) are not worthy of recommendation any more, and I would say the TX750 is not either, given that it is an old inefficient design and nowadays it's not hard to find better PSUs that are priced similarly or even lower.

It does have protection. The 850W model has a minor design flaw where in a specific and unlikely scenario the protection may not trigger soon enough and the PSU will fail, but the chances of someone actually encountering that flaw are basically zero.

The only Seasonic-made TX PSU is the TX650. All the other ones are made by CWT.

To answer the OP's original question (which so far, nobody in this thread has been able to successfully do), the better choice out of those two PSUs is the XFX. It is much more efficient, has more power available through its +12V rail, is modular, uses a newer design, and performs better in just about every aspect.
Actually I did add points in my Post Zero to help him decide, and he obviously saw it which is why he posted 'thanks soul'.
I imagine you missed that part.

Thank you for the correction, I should have double checked on the OEM's as I get mixed up (always happens, I don't feign perfection) when PSU suppliers use multiple OEM's. I.e. Seasonic I believe on the HX650 but CWT on the ones above it. etc etc.

You are right, though PCP is no longer a valid one, but NZXT HALE is now IMO. I'd love to try one out.

Anywho, I think we all helped in our own way.

@ YoungMan - There are lots of reasons to look at other Quality PSU's. As one might fit the budget better or one might have the wattage requirement you need etc. There are lots of quality OEM's besides Seasonic that are doing a very good job out there. Though yes, Seasonic is one of the best.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com