View Single Post
Old September 11, 2010, 06:08 PM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

Default New Build after 2 years

So its been a couple years since I built my last computer. Going to college has been keeping my mind elsewhere and working full time in the summers has kept me too busy to build.
Now that I have grown tired of moving my current PC from my apartment back home every weekend I decided to say screw it and build a whole new PC. I need to jump on some newer standards anyways : /

Old (Current) PC.
It has seen MANY variations over its life span with CPU, video card, RAM, hard drives, and other cards.

Case: Antec 900
Mobo: P5N-e SLI
CPU: Intel Q9550
CPU Cooler: TRUE w/2x Noctua NF-S12B
RAM: DDR2 800 2x2GB
Video Card: EVGA GTX280 SSC
PSU: PC Power & Cooling 750W
Sound Card: Sound Blaster X-Fi xtremegamer (Purchased from Jake_HT :P )
HDD: 1x WD 1TB Caviar Black
2x WD 1.5 TB Caviar Green

Picking out the parts for my new PC was a little difficult since I had not been keeping up with ANYTHING over the past 6~12 months due to work and school, But after a week or so of research and catchup I managed.

Case: Coolermaster ATCS840
Mobo: P6TD Delux
CPU: Intel i7 930
CPU Cooler: TRUE w/2x Noctua NF-S12B
RAM: Mushkin Ridgeback 3x2GB DDR3 1600 6-8-6-24
Video Card: Going to take my EVGA GTX280 SSC from current PC and try to find another one to SLI.
PSU: Corsair 1200W
HDD: Intel X-25M G2 80GB
2x WD 2TB Caviar Green

Well, we will have to see how this whole thing turns out, Pics will definitely be up when the stuff gets here and throughout the build. If anyone has some suggestions for additional parts or comments, please post up!