View Single Post
Old September 11, 2010, 09:07 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well I am not sure about " All " of your applications but some or most of the files are in "C:\Documents and Settings\(your username) \Application Data and also in C:\Documents and Settings\(Your user name)\Application Data" that is on the windows 7 OS those files are all of your settings I think that is all that you need oh and if you are playing any games then you will probably want to save the save games which most likely are located in the "C:\Documents and Settings\( Your user name)\Documents " area.
myself I try to make all of my programs portable so that if I need to do a reinstall all of my programs are portable so that everything is already done I just copy paste my portable folder onto my new operating system and make shortcuts to the programs I use.

Edit
I just read the last bit, for the registry files ok well if everything is going to be exactly the same but the not so smart way is to just back up your registry ( Run regedit go to file then export) then reinstall it on your reinstall. but the proper way is to install your OS then reinstall all of the applications you are going to use then copy and paste all of your backed up files from here "C:\Documents and Settings\(your username) \Application Data and also in C:\Documents and Settings\(Your user name)\Application Data" that is on the windows 7 OS ,

Last edited by Shadowmeph; September 11, 2010 at 09:23 AM.