View Single Post
Old September 7, 2010, 08:54 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post
Signed up for beta as well. This looks far better than some of the other mmo's out there (especially mmofps's), and it's nice to see you can switch to first person mode.
I think this is part of the reason the creators are being very adamant about NOT calling it an MMOFPS, because then people get the idea in their head that it is "like WoW".

The only thing similar to an MMORPG and an MMOFPS is the persistent world, without "rounds" and philosophy of playing with more than just 16 vs 16.

With Firefall, you aren't going to have to "grind" to get better levels and there isn't going to be the same focus on leveling at all. Its going to be on skill and obviously gear to an extent, but there won't be the level divide like an MMORPG, where you have to solo quest to get to 20, or 80 or whatever and then you finally get to experience "end game content".

I am definitely excited to learn more about this game and I really hope they pull it off well.
I had had big hopes for APB when it was initially announced, it sounded awesome and somewhat similar in respect to the MMORPG idea... and look where it is

Last edited by FiXT; September 7, 2010 at 09:00 PM.