Thread: Work in progress Project Echo | LC in a NAS case! |
View Single Post
Old September 6, 2010, 07:14 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
Nice update! That looks extremely good! Is there going to be an led in the front button hole? Think that would make it a bit cooler. Also, any other mods planned?
Thanks bro! I'm putting the original button back, or at least that is the current plan. I'll see if I can manage to do something creative with it tho. It would be cooler.

I got some plans, or stuff to do. I'm currently waiting for some money, as I'm broke ..Again. But some acryl is getting bought. I'm doing an SSD/2.5" HDD thingy in the front, for the drives, that I do not yet have (I burned my SSD! :'(. ) Anyways, this will be done as soon as I can afford the acrylplates, I'm also doing a custom roof, or top? Whatever you may call it. This will also be made in acryl or plexi. So you can look at the hardware, without the risk of having a smal cat, your nephew or anyone else putting their dirty little pawns on your hardware. :-P

I have done something quite cool with plexi already. Under the motherboard, I've mounted plexi, and then put 4 white leds in it, so it's like.. a square form, about the size as the motherboard that's iluminates the whole thing really nice. I don't have any good pictures of it, but I guess I can give you a bad one. It's from before I powdercoated the case white.

So, enjoy that somewhat embarrassing picture.

But hey, give me some response on my plans, and I would like some more response on how you all think my paintjob turned out. :-) I'm going to do something creative with orange paint also on the case to, so stay tuned. ;-)
Project Echo | Fractal-Design Array Rev2 | i5 750 | DFI LANPARTY MI P55-T36 | 2x2GB A-Data | Fractal SFF 300w MDPC-X sleeved orange and black | HD5870 | Kingston V-Series 64GB SSD | 2TB HDD | EK Supreme HF | EK-DCP 4.0 | EK Multioption 250 RES | EK-CoolStream-RAD XT 240 | EK-CoolStream-RAD XT 120 | EK-PSC Fitting 12mm - G1/4 Black | 5870 fullcover block |