View Single Post
Old August 31, 2010, 10:17 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
Those temperatures are perfectly fine. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. And if you really have heat and noise issues, I would chalk that up to a poorly-designed chassis rather than problems with your components. I wouldn't be surprised if you end up getting a machine with GTX 480s only to find that you have the same or even worse issues with heat.
The heat and noise was no doubt from the Hardware.The chassis design is actuall very good for ais in and air out. The Alienware also has shrouds etc.directing air properly over the hardware.For example,when the Power Supply unit was replaced,it was much more quiet and allowed me to better hear the noise and whines from other hardware.The exhaust from the fans on the video cards was not too loud at all. When I cranked both card fans to 100% it was not obtrusive nor did it have the higher pitched sound I was hearing.The fan on the liquid cooling did not make a lot of noise eiyher. It was the temps that got my attention. A lot of my issues may well have been 'imagined' to a degree on my part and I admit this freelyThe deed has been done however,but I can say this,,,If the new one has to be replaced or repaired again I WILL get a refund and ask Killswitch to help build one.Thank you.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5