View Single Post
Old August 31, 2010, 05:59 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
You're right!! (Don't let it get to your head! ) I googled it and lots of people were asking the same thing.... Is 80C too hot for a 980x? I thought 80C was too high simply because it's such an extremely high temp compared to what most people are used to seeing for CPUs, especially on water. As a rule of thumb I always figured 60C was the highest you'd ever want to see.

Anyhow, I have some ideas to help his new rig run cooler. It'll mostly be a trial and error deal though. In his case there was room for 2 more 120mm fans in the top of the case, so I put a few in to blow hot air out. I think I might try using them as intake in the top of the case, including changing the fan for the cpu's rad as an intake.
Thanks Killswitch, I trust that anything you do will be done right.I am fortunate to have you as a friend.I also trust the opinions and suggestions of the members of this Forum.It's pretty much why I joined.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5