View Single Post
Old February 21, 2008, 07:55 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzetsin View Post
if you have a USB hard drive, or thumb drive plugged in while booting causes Vista to fail booting with some hardware configurations
Thanks, I already tried removing everything with no luck including my second monitor, network and any external storage devices.

I have tried checkdisk from xp, I have run all of the WD diagnostic utilities while in XP and they all came up clean. The drive is recognizable from windows xp and I have full access from XP and the bios sees the drive no problem. I even used the XP install disk and ran fixmbr and fixboot to eliminated the vista boot loader before installing vista again (which actually doesn't remove the vista boot loader, just bypasses it because when I re-installed Vista is showed the old Vista in the boot loader and the new one). Spinrite was ran from boot and it is the one that shows problems with the drive that it cannot read. I will try and the WD tools from boot and see if they help.
GAMER: Win7 Pro x64, I7 3770K (stock) (CM 212+), Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Gigabyte 7970 OC Ghz Edition 3 GB, Corsair Vengeance LP 4 x 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz, Crucial M4 120 GB + 256GB, Crucial M500 480 GB SSD, 1TB WD Blk, BRD, HX750W, Auz X-Fi Prelude, & Fractal Design Arc MIDI R2

Lenovo Ideapad Y510p: i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz (undervolted by 80mV), 16GB DDR3L-1866MHz, Intel GMA 4600HD / SLI'ed Nvidia Geforce GT 755M 2GB GDDR5, 240 GB Crucial SSD, 128GB M.2 SSD, 15.6" HD+ Glossy LED