View Single Post
Old August 25, 2010, 06:35 PM

My System Specs

Originally Posted by homer98 View Post
Hey all, just purchased an evga gtx 460, looking to play StarCraft2, I heard that it will support AA through the nvidia control panel. So where can I download it from? I've updated the video drivers, but I can't seem to find where to get the nvidia control panel.

Also, if I want to try overclocking the card, using MSI Afterburner, is there a power management feature somewhere in windows 7 that slows the card down when not pushing a heavy load? will that affect the OC'ed speeds? Thanks for the help, Cheers

You'll have to set up a profile to make SC2 not 'application controlled' for AA support. You should be able to acess the control panel by a simple right click on the desktop and clicking on the "Nvidia control panel" spot.

As to the overclocking/downclocking, as far as I'm aware (atleast with my EVGA) it auto-downclocks when not in 3D apps, even if overvolted and overclocked, and automatically ramps back up when 3D apps launch. No work needed to disable or enable this.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about