View Single Post
Old August 14, 2010, 03:01 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillerz View Post
BROWSE ANOTHER SECTION WHAT DO I SEE
NVIDIA AND ATI DEBATE, WHEN WILL WE ALL AGREE?

IF ONE DIDN'T HAVE THE OTHER
THEN THE OTHER WOULD JUST BE THE DOMINANT BROTHER

Its a rap i found. only one part of the song
It's just Zero and his buddies complaining that nvidia uses a couple more watts than ati I guess It's sad because it's stupid, no one in their right mind would pick a vehicle over another one because the engine runs cooler. Even if it uses 1L less per 100km it shouldn't be a factor. That's why nobody gives a goodgoddamn if fermi uses a couple more watts or runs a bit hotter, ati fanboys have completely blown it out of proportion and reality. I'd take a 470 over a 5870 any day, and I've had a 5870 before. If you were to care about the exact temperature every square cm your PC runs at and how your neighbours are doing and sh1t, you'd probably have a head full of white hair. Nvidia comes with cuda/physx and ati doesn't have something like that which most games actually use, so it's a winning factor for me.

I dunno about metro 2033 as a benchmark though.. it looks to be pretty much a port from console, added a few useless rendering features that make 'high' detail mode look exactly the same as 'low' with a tint of yellow. Personally I don't look at benchmarks for any game that first had a console version, so it's pretty much Crysis 1 that's the deciding factor for me now...