View Single Post
Old August 13, 2010, 09:51 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintblade View Post
The only reason I jumped it to being the board was because the cpu was tested while the board wasn't. If you have to assume either, you would go with the one that's tested and not. To be 100% sure I would have to buy a new board to test the cpu, or perhaps get a friend to test it. But on top of all that, this board is known for having an FF error code which means its defective. I didnt bother to research the board before I bought on FF error codes. Didnt even know what that was till now.

Im positive its a dead board, when I get home from work ill try a few more troubleshooting like trying it outside the case, ill try a new psu and ill try using the stock cooler. Ill see if i can try the cpu in a friends machine. After all that if its confirmed the board doesnt work I'll RMA it.

Cuz rmaing the board is all I can do since he wont do refunds. I even offered to let him try it before refunding me the cash in case for some odd reason it won't work for me. I'm not trying to blame anyone really. I just want this issue fixed so I can use my PC. I have starcraft 2 sitting on my desk waiting to be opened. So if you think im doing this for the lawlz youre wrong. I cant use my damn rig is why im doing this.

Like I said, I'm impartial in this. And from what you've told me, you're probably right and it is the motherboard. Probably.

I'm just trying to make you understand why its important to be 100% confident in your diagnosis. Just being friendly and trying to save you (and others) grief if you diagnose/rma the wrong part, and then having it take twice or three times as long, and costing you even more due to shipping, etc.

I fix Biomedical Equipment for a living, before that, I fixed Optical Electronic equipment. Some of the equipment I work on has parts that costs thousands, tens of thousands or more. If I order the wrong part because I didnt do a 100% diagnosis, I could get in some serious doo-doo. Like military-serious doo-doo where I lose paycheques and have to march around to a drum and do jail time. This isnt as extreme, but the point remains as to why you need to verify your troubleshooting.

Hope that helps and makes me seem a bit more friendly to your cause.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about