View Single Post
Old August 12, 2010, 04:56 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
Like it or not, P2P is really the future of large-scale data transfer over the internet. It is much faster and much more efficient than direct downloading when implemented properly, and saves on a lot of infrastructure. The problem is really that ISPs haven't caught up to P2P usage and instead are charging for bandwidth usage. That's the real problem; not so much the fact that companies are starting to use P2P.
That's almost like saying that blueray is the way of the future, so software companies should start using that format disk to distribute their product regardless of actual adoption by consumers....

As it stands, non user requested P2P eats up user resources, and possibly money. Until such time as we either come up with a special "commercial business P2P traffic" tag (which won't be blocked by ISPs as P2P, nor count against bandwidth use) or unlimited bandwidth becomes the norm (won't happen unless governments nationalize the lines into homes) I'd like business to keep their grubby little hands off of my bandwidth. Especially if they aren't being especially clear about the users' option to opt out.

If Nvidia and ATI can deliver the volume of drivers they do, at the speeds they manage to deliver them at, other business' can certainly do so as well.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP