View Single Post
Old August 4, 2010, 12:31 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile New Builds

+1 for the Corsair psu, with the HX, as it's modular.
For cpu, if you can, grab the 1055. For the little bit extra,you get 6 cores instead of 4.
Graphics card, +1 for the 460. With a 750w, you'll have extra leeway if you go 1 card, and should be able to run 2 if you choose later.
HDDs nowadays are pretty good with 500 to 1 tb being the norm for enthusiasts and those with lots of files. The Samsung Spinpoint is a good fast drive, as well as the WD Black.
I like the CoolerMaster HAF series of cases, but it's a matter of preference. Lian Li are supposed to be a premium case, but you'll pay more. I've not owned 1 yet.
For memory, G Skill is pretty popular here. I like Mushkin but any lifetime warranty ram such as Patriot and Corsair are good too. I haven't tried this but have heard that ram actually works better if not all of the slots are filled, so maybe 2 4gb sticks, but someone who's an expert should help clarify this.
I've had 32 bit and 64 bit os, go for the 64 bit. 64 bit is more mainstream it seems these days.
Lastly, and I might get buried for this one, but from those who I've talked to, it seems if you're an enthusiast then the core i7 is the way to go. It seems that with the suggestions made by some of the others who are much more knowledgeable than me that whichever route you take, your system will surpass your expectations.
Hopefully everything will go smoothly for you, so good luck and enjoy!