View Single Post
Old February 12, 2008, 11:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I've got a 19" monitor and a 32" lcd tv hooked to my pc, the 32" is a cheepo brand with a lowish resolution but it still kicks for watching movies, playing flight sim and any other game, i just dont use it when browsing the web cause its fricken huge. i paid 700 bucks for the 32" well over a year ago and the 19" monitor looks just as good as the tv.

most video card control panels have color adjustments if yours is looking a little washed out, but the tvs usually have there own color adjustments wich can make them seem to look better than the monitors. IMO other than some cheep tvs having lower resolutions and longer response times (wich most people dont notice anyway) there isnt much difference between em. Try keeping your monitor and getting a largish tv to hook up to it as a second (if you have the room).

Another benifit to having a tv as a monitor is that you can hook up anything else you want to it too. dvd players/game consols/ cable boxes... beta machines... my tv even has picture in picture so i can have my xbox and my pc on the same monitor (its a wide screen) side by side (but not my 360, hd and dvi wont process together on this tv :p )

something else to note... unless you have HD TV your not going to get nicer picture quality out of a high resolution display. I say go for the tv. If resolution is important to you, most HD lcds have a pretty high resolution anyway.

vista 64 on these rigs
Q9450 @ 3.5Ghz | E8400 @ 4.2Ghz
8gb Muskin Redline. | 2gb Kingston Hyperx
________________________________|_________________ ______________
EVGA 780i FTW ----\--||___||--/---- EVGA 780i SLI
Antec TP Quatro 1000W \ :==^==: / Antec TP Quatro 850W.
Nvidia 9800 GX2 X 2 SLI \|--o--|/ Nvidia 8800 GTS X 2 SLI
1X 500GB Western Digital. \_____/ 3X 150GB WD RAPTOR RAID-0