View Single Post
Old March 19, 2007, 02:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default AMD Likely To Cut Prices Further

This doesn't seem wise to me as the market has already been swamped with processors in the last four months- I would think that further dumping at a lloss will only serve to cut into potential buyers of their upcoming architecture when it arrives- as a new shareholder I am watching anxiously...

"Another round of discounts are likely from Advanced Micro Devices in its price war with rival Intel, a move that could further erode earnings of the semiconductor maker.
Research suggests that further price cuts by AMD (nyse: AMD - news - people ) are "imminent," according to Sumit Dhanda, an analyst at Banc of America, in a Monday research note.
Dhanda said the cuts would likely occur April 9 and will most likely cover the company's desktop products including Semprons and Athlon X2s, with cuts ranging from 26% to 42%.
AMD chief executive Hector Ruiz has been adamant on reaching a long-held goal for the company of controlling 30% of the market. To accomplish this, he has led the company into a brutal price war with rival Intel (nasdaq: INTC - news - people )."

More from Forbes