Old July 10, 2010, 04:51 PM
Top Prospect

Recent iTrader Ratings
Period: 1 Month 6 Months 12 Months
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

Default BFG GTX280 OC Edition 1gb - Faulty? $140

I purchased a BFG GTX280 1gb OC-Edition video card from a RFD member(no feedback, should of known lol) about 2 months ago for a friend. He was the one who picked it up and did the transaction and he didn't look at it, and apparently it was opened, thus no warranty. However, he didn't care, as long as it worked.

It worked fine but it overheats and locks his computer, and mine when I put it into my desktop, so he started to tone his settings down and it was fine. However, recently it has been producing artifacts. It finally stopped booting properly, and now it doesn't go past the Windows bootup screen. I didn't tinker into it more as I didn't want to completely fry the card or destroy it lol.

Now, I've been reading up and people say its fixable by putting in new thermal paste, or putting an aftermarket fan or reflowing the capacitors by baking it. Too much work for me, so I'm just going to sell it, as I traded him my GTX260 for his faulty GTX280. Been meaning to get an Eyefinity GPU anyways :)

Looking for $140, or toss me an offer. I'm in the Greater Toronto Area. Boxs and manuals can be included if you want them, just have to find them lol. Willing to ship for $5 more. Will take EMT for non-local purchases.

Thanks

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by coriolis; July 10, 2010 at 05:26 PM.