View Single Post
Old February 9, 2008, 03:54 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernode View Post
From what i read is that the new r700 by ati will support 4 gpus on one pcb by possably dual core gpu thats what i understood when i read this link if any one has a diffrent idea of this please post i would like to know more about the r700 cuase id like to see what there pitching for 2009 cause im thinking. That amd might have a quad core 45 nm cpu with the first to be seen dual core gpu now that would tempt me to spend 3 grand on a system!

A dual gpu video card amd could do it they have the tech to do it! bye bye navidia i dont know if navidia could keep up with that even with intel helping. Dont get me wrong i love my 7600 gt it rocked so did 5500 fx! amd would score big with the first dual gpu with its own special bus and every one have to buy there chips!
That's what rumours are suggesting. R770 is supposed to be the new GPU, and will be approx 50% faster than the current 3870, at about 8800 GTX speeds. And R700 will be two R770's put together. Then there might be two R700's on a PCB to make four GPU's. This would make it 2x the speed of the 3870x2. Of course, we don't know what Nvidia has been doing the past few months, and I guarantee they were'nt just twiddling their thumbs so they might release something totally unexpected this year so you never know whether they'll be behind or not. I do hope ATI wins this round though!

These are just my thoughts. Of course, everything is all speculation right now so we don't know for sure.