View Single Post
Old June 29, 2010, 07:09 AM
Top Prospect

Default System (C) drive filling up but from what??

After getting my new system up and running for about three months I've noticed the drive is filling up but with what? This computer is used very rarely because the old system it was built to replace is still working well. After the Windows install and all of my programs I had about 21gb of used space on my 80gb Intel SSD. Now it says 25.5gb used?? I've checked the usual places like internet cache and also checked Bit Defender which has been known to act up and collect junk but can't find where all this stuff is going. I could understand a few hundred mb coming and going but 4.5gb is a significant amount of space when you have an 80gb. SSD that you're trying to keep the junk off of. I'm also using Adobe Lightroom 2 where I import 1.5 to 2 gb of pictures to edit but these pics are imported to another hard disk. Is there any way to track or find newly written files to see where they're going or coming from? I'm not at the stage where I have to be concerned yet. 25.5 gb used and 74.5 gb of free space. Does anybody have any ideas I can try?
Thanks
Jim
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro - Intel i7 860 - Zalman CNPS 10X Quiet - 4gb G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1333 CL7-7-7-21 1.5V - Intel 520 Series 240 GB SSD - WD Caviar Black 1Tb - Corsair TX750W - Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 1 Gb GDDR5 - DVD Drives X2 LG GH24LS50 - Coolermaster CM690 II Advanced - Win 7 Pro 64