View Single Post
Old June 26, 2010, 04:15 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile New Builds

If you are wanting to get that much memory, make sure you are getting a 64 bit system, as a 32 bit system only recognizes and uses 3gb of ram. You also want a case that provides good air flow, but you probably don't want it to sound like a jet engine either. The in store display is usually in an optimum setup, yet at home could be in an enclosed area making it sound even louder. Also be certain that the system leaves room for upgrade if you wish to say add an extra graphics card, HDD, or what not. I'm sure the experts on this site will have some even better and more important points than what I've mentioned, so don't get discouraged. The more you know, the better you'll do. I also think you should check prices of individual components online to give you an idea of costs. This way you can compare the price of a pre-assembled unit to what purchasing components and assembling would be. Purchasing and assembling your own really isn't that difficult. The hard part is optimizing the unit after assembly,at least in my limited opinion. Good luck!