View Single Post
Old June 20, 2010, 07:58 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default OCZ Vendetta 2 vs Noctua NH-U12P SE2 vs Cooler Master Hyper 212+

I'm going to be rebuilding my rigs soon (will make worklog) so I need to determine which cooler is better and which cooler is worse so I can keep the CPU temperatures as low as possible. Normally, one wouldn't really ask such a thing, especially when the CPUs that they're going to be cooling are a Phenom II X3 720 BE (hopefully unlocked) and a Phenom II X4 955 BE since they're both pretty much the same CPU. However my 955 BE is going to be in the basement while the 720 would be upstairs at the top floor in my sister's room where it can get pretty hot. Therefore, the better cooler will be going in the hotter room.

As the title states, I'm deciding between the Vendetta 2 and the Noctua NH-U12P SE2. I have both of them in my possession, and the Vendetta 2 is already in use as you can see in my rig. The Noctua states that it comes with 2X NF-P12 fans so I think this should go in my sister's computer, while I continue to use my Vendetta 2.

Noctua NH-U12P SE2 CPU Cooler Review - Results and Final Thoughts - Legit Reviews

Just realized I got a Cooler Master Hyper 212+ as well...

Last edited by geokilla; June 20, 2010 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Updated