Thread: Nvidia or ATI
View Single Post
Old February 5, 2008, 08:07 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witwikki View Post
Hello everyone at Hardware Canucks,
I've got a really intesesting question in regards to my motherboard, right now I'm currently working with a system that is a ASUS P5W DH Deluxe motherboard, and the intel chipset is a 975 I believe, however, with that said it appears that Nvidia doesn't support SLI on this chipset, if I'm incorrect, please let me know. However, so the situation is that I'm using a single Nvidia XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog Edition with 512MB or Video RAM, however, I'm looking for a ATI Crossfire configuration for my motherboard, instead of using SLI mode for the board because of the Intel Chipset limited support issue. So, what is everyones suggestion to a great Video card from ATI that would be able to play Crysis and other high end games at max settings, I'm thinking of the ATI Radeon 2900HD series, a certain model or manufacture would be greatly appreciate to direct me into the right direction upon making the purchase thank you forum readers.
That's last year's tech....

If you're looking for a card you might Xfire with have a look at the 3870 series. There's even a X2 now (we've got a review on our front page) which has two GPUs on the same board rather than the previous method of joining two full cards together for a single card sli/Xfire solution.

HIS ICEQ3 series has pretty damn good non-reference cooling, but that will only matter if you don't intend to replace the cooling with an after-market solution.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP