View Single Post
Old June 10, 2010, 04:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
I just don't see why you would purchase two drives and spend $140 when for only tiny bit more you can get a SSD. Since you are really only looking at something like 60-80GB for a boot drive you could get a few different drives. For example there is the Kingston V Gen II drive for $155 from NCIX or the V+ for $200.

Really I think you would be better off going with the SSD than the raid. You get better speed, cooler temps, less possible failure, and better performance. That's my 2 cents.
Hey, ipaine, thanks for this reply in particular. :) Since, the OP seems to have chosen an option, I think it's okay to say that I am looking for an OS drive for a Windows 7 setup. It sounds like the Kingston V SNV425 is the best price for a 60-80GB drive right now, huh? The closer you get to $200, the more the Intel G2 80GB SSD looks like the ideal choice.

I read on some sites that OCZ is a better choice for RAID (than the Intel). What's that about? I doubt I'd do a RAID setup, though. I just wanted to get Windows 7 and keep it on a separate drive with my Linux setup remaining on my 320GB WD Blue. I need at least 100GB for a Virtual setup.