View Single Post
Old June 9, 2010, 09:20 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neolithium_Wpg View Post
and I'm sorry m1dget, as much as you love waving the Apple and BSD flag, you gotta cool your jets. Almost every post ends up pissing people off because you attempt to prove your opinions are law - when they are not, they're just damn opinions. It would be better to try a different approach if you're hoping to switch peoples opinions on using either Macs or BSD - even Mac forums I've been reading on, have people that are die hard fans that don't attempt to do nothing but insult another operating system.

BAH, end rant. Now I need a freakin Heineken after finally getting this off my chest.
Well I'm going to take 5 minutes of my time here to explain something to you or anyone pissed at me:

As much as I enjoy having conversations with you guys and as ironic that it may seem, I'm getting pretty tired and annoyed by all of this.

Everything I write here are purely opinions, but again most of the BSD/Linux/Security conversation that I write and reply in I back my claim with technical manuals and books, I don't just go on on something I don't know well or that I haven't learned from a 'good' source.
Here's a thing virtually nobody knows of me else than the guys I work with: I'm an obsessive compulsive (as in OCPD) and one of the 'nicer' symptom I have from that is a compulsion to understand everything perfectly and to the smallest of details so when you see me arguing over something like it's a "law", well it's usually a principle or a subject I learned and dissected to it's most complex form from reading and understanding a few thousand pages of technical documentation on the subject. I usually can't even sleep for days if I don't understand something to perfection.
If you or anyone else want to think otherwise by skeptism over my claims, well free to you to think like that, I can't do anything about it.
A thing is sure is that I won't back down from my opinions, because I never argue about something I don't understand perfectly.

That said and on a more personal note, Neo, beleive me I don't even remotely want people to switch to whatever else platform than what they are and for a simple reason: I'm not in front of their desk using their computer and I sincerely don't give a damn of what they use. Sure in my honest opinion I'm still going to think that windows is crap and won't use it else than for gaming, but why would I even remotely care about someone else's choice of OS? I often comment on it, yes, but care? No.

Also, for the last time, even if some of you seems to think so, I'm not a fanboy of anything. My choice are backed up by logical and rational explanation and documentation and if you think otherwise, well the only thing I can tell anyone is to read again 2 paragraphs up.

On that I'm done arguing uselessly with anyone who just seek to piss me off to compensate with a lack of knowledge or who is reacting irrationally because he's caught in a net of illusions over a specific subject in any thread (and I'm not talking about you Neo).

Btw ST, PM sent.

Last edited by m1dget; June 9, 2010 at 09:26 PM.