Thread: hehe ^ 17
View Single Post
Old June 8, 2010, 02:51 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Your "optimism" m1dget reminds a LOT of what was said about Blu-ray "security" and hell sat tv. Arrogantly thinking anything could take too long to be undertaken once again underscores your lack of real knowledge.
Well man, if you still want to treat me like that I'm going to be arrogant towards you too. This is just annoying to read.

Quote:
Anything man made can and will be hacked. If one attack vector doesnt work...they will try another one and another until one does work.
In theory yes, in practise for certain case, no. Reread the OpenBSD example I wrote in my last post and critise this one instead of going over something we went through for the last 8 posts.

Quote:
Your security is only as strong as the weakest point and the defenders are ALWAYS behind the knowledge curve.
First part is obvious. The second one is partly false because you can be always one step in front of everybody if you know what you do. Reread again my hardened OpenBSD example from last post.

Quote:
You can harden to your hearts content and their will still be a unkown weak point. All that is lacking is the will to do so...which in the server world falls under the heading industrial / corporate / national espionage (depending on the data). Throw enough time money and talent at a "hardened" network and it will fail.
Well... wouldn't the "good" effort (as in intense security audit) in making it fail would just get it stronger and eventually secure? I think your point just got kicked in the nuts right here. ;)

Quote:
The only way your hardened network couldnt be remotely compromised is if it had no outside connection.
Well thank you there captain obvious (for crying out loud man haha...)

Quote:
If you dont think that is exactly what happens....sigh. I wish I was as naive as you.

Really nice man... appreciated

After that I have no remorse to immortalize you in my sig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpolyz View Post
Hey, don't make vast generalizations!

Maybe his computer is in a vault in a underground bunker in some sort of faraday cage.
Actually my home network is not that secure. It was before but it started to step over the 'availability' of the resources so the overall security was decreased to meet my new standards for it.