Thread: hehe ^ 17
View Single Post
Old June 7, 2010, 10:30 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Your "optimism" m1dget reminds a LOT of what was said about Blu-ray "security" and hell sat tv. Arrogantly thinking anything could take too long to be undertaken once again underscores your lack of real knowledge. Anything man made can and will be hacked. If one attack vector doesnt work...they will try another one and another until one does work. Your security is only as strong as the weakest point and the defenders are ALWAYS behind the knowledge curve. You can harden to your hearts content and their will still be a unkown weak point. All that is lacking is the will to do so...which in the server world falls under the heading industrial / corporate / national espionage (depending on the data). Throw enough time money and talent at a "hardened" network and it will fail. The only way your hardened network couldnt be remotely compromised is if it had no outside connection. THEN and only then is actual physical access required to get sensitive data...and then you still have other problems to worry about via different attack vectors...buts that another ball o wax all together. ;)

If you dont think that is exactly what happens....sigh. I wish I was as naive as you.
Hey, don't make vast generalizations!

Maybe his computer is in a vault in a underground bunker in some sort of faraday cage.