View Single Post
Old May 31, 2010, 03:53 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

They both seem to personify a needed shake up to the same old racing games imo. I don't play a lot of racing games, I actually own Mario Kart Wii though, lol. I tried the S/S demo on PS3. It was alright. If there's a Blur demo on PS3 I'll check it out tonight.

Truth be told though, Blur does just look like a high octane Mario Kart. Ya it's got more spit & polish and is obviously faster, but the core is there, at least from what I have seen in vids. Whereas S/S has potential for a lot of "thread the needle" kind of moments due to major cataclysms happening around you. The S/S demo certainly gives the impression it's a one trick pony though. Something that is a shame because Blur has Activision's usual fanfare surrounding it... and considering everything I read about S/S, it's much deeper than first impressions allow.

So why do publishers do this? Why release 2 games that are directly competing with one another at the same time? It will definitely split the pie. Not many people are actually going to buy both. I guess it's the BB/FS sharing the same parking lot strategy. :\

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE