View Single Post
Old May 20, 2010, 04:05 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Tell you what. Take 3 minutes to install and uninstall the Boinc software, then tell me again that installing the SMP folding client is simple.

And if you'd bothered to read my posts or click on the Rosetta@Home link, you'd know that this project's aims are very similar to Stanford's Folding@Home, i.e. medical research towards the treatment and prevention of serious illnesses like Cancer.

Again, I'm not trying to sway current folders away, but make people aware that there's a simpler option to set up. Like maybe on your friend's or relative's computers who want to help but aren't the enthusiast power user like some members here.
I'll try it out for HWC's R@H team. This is like marriage. First I fold, then I BOINC. Dating was better :)

I'd have to agree with Zero82z in wanting my DC resources to do medical stuff first and foremost, but I must also agree with you on the F@H stuff needing to be easier to setup/maintain.

It took me an hour yesterday (and some registry hacking) to finally get one of my SMP clients to load up as a service in Windows 2003 x64. Bollocks.

We'll see how this goes on a quad.

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732

Last edited by 10e; May 20, 2010 at 04:11 AM.