View Single Post
Old May 20, 2010, 03:02 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1dget View Post
I was saying if you had someone or a bunch of "pro" with no preference bias to one or the other computer explaining to beginners OSX vs Windows, well at the end when the session ends and everybody would be perfectly informed I'm sure that at least 3/4 of them would go for a Mac.
Well I'm glad that you're sure, but I'm certainly not of the same opinion.

Nothing else to really add here...

Quote:
No they are doing actually doing that. You will have to ask the question yourself to a dev if you don't believe me.
Well, building an OS around a hardware platform is stupid. Hardware changes. Apple knows this. They went from Motorola 680x0 processors, to PPC, and now to evil Intel.

Unless of course you mean superficially, but I don't see how they do this any more than anyone else then.

Quote:
I was not aware of that problem. Though I'm sure about everyone who had that must have gotten a new one or at least the screen fixed + some kind of compensation for it.
It was a big stink for a while. Apple said "yellow was the new white" and then eventually slowly started to fix it in the background while everyone was shit talking Apple in the media.

I'm not saying this is unique to Apple or anything, rather it's just that they are the same as everyone else.

Quote:
I understand and know that, though they are about the only company that actually implemented it -well- for it's consumer computers which is a step in a very good direction.
To what advantage? When there is a need for it then you will see PCs with it, probably damn near overnight. Otherwise it's not worth the hassle yet. Existing BIOS really does work just fine. I really don't hear users complaining about it.

Most of the "average Joes" don't even know it's there.

Likewise if I ask the average Mac user "What is EFI and why does it help you" I'm *really* going to have some fun with the blank looks I get.