View Single Post
Old May 19, 2010, 10:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1dget View Post
...so a closed and controlled system is not bad afterall ?

The UAC was about as usefull and annoying as a popup of a duck asking you for your credit card number. imo again.

And -yes-, they deserve it and pay for being retarded which is perfect.
Even Mac mice run out of mouse pad room. Closed and controlled doesn't even help at this point. UAC still doesn't help because people are still MINDLESS DRONES who willingly install toolbars

Quote:
If you would seat a few computer nubcakes in a room with people with as much "PC" as "Mac" knowledge and both party would explain all the pros and cons of owning both machines, I can nearly guaranty you that at least 3/4 if not more of the people will just buy a mac and be happy with it.
Nubcakes would take on the bias of the teacher. You can explain the Pros and Cons of each system in such a way to make the Apple be the apparent best choice.

Or it could be the other way around. As a teacher I could simply scoff and simply roll my eyes and say that Mac was "shit" and you'd have 3/4 going for the PC pretty quick.

Remember, these are n00bs, and I'm the educated teacher. What else are they going to think? Why do you think Apple advertisements work?

Quote:
Again for the "omgz old hardware lolwut" case, remember: Apple build a computer around its OS and not the other way around. They give you already some pretty good hardware and some things that other company don't offer, ie fully buffered DIMM or the potential to "address" more ram with 32bit addressing, auto-clean function of the case, etc. If they don't think you need more than this, you don't. If you want more then pay for it. Welcome to the world of products vs solutions.

I'm sorry, but building the OS around the computer or computer around the OS is all crap.

Quote:
I think you can't say a single bad thing about Apple Care if you know the full extent of what they do to make you a happy customer.
Dell has good onsite warranty too, if you pay for it. However, lots of people have been screwed by Apple as well, like the "yellow" 27" monitor, for instance.

Quote:
Well for the "less", it's simple: EFI. On one side you have people using a 8bit retarded chip and have driver problem and on the other, well you have -this-. No wonder that one works better than the other
Which, btw, was made by Intel in the mid 1990s.

Yeah, when Mac users were bestowing the virtues of PPC processors and the merits of Altivec and simultaneously vilifying everything Intel did Intel was laboriously working of EFI with HP.

Now, if I want to, I can upgrade my motherboard's BIOS to use EFI. But I don't. Do you know why? Because no matter what you say about my existing BIOS, it works. And that's the only reason we haven't all changed.